Camille the Explorer

Camille the Explorer

Pages

How did I get my visa for Taiwan?

Every time I hear Taiwan, Meteor Garden comes to my mind. The time when "Asianovelas" hit the heart of Filipinos, it was Meteor Garden which actually demonated the world. F4 Fever remember? I  even remember when I was in third year high school when it started. Singing the F4 songs even I don't understand it until now. I just know "Oh baby baby, my baby baby". Lol.

Fast forward, I was able to visit the country without expecting anything. All I know it was Spring and cold. I just wanted to see cherry blossoms because when I was in Seoul, i did not see one. Little did I know, this country has a lot to offer and it captures my heart. <3

HOW DID I GET MY VISA?

It was my friend Jing, who informed me that we can actually go to Taiwan without breaking the bank before it was officially announced to the public. Meaning we can get the visa for FREE! Yay! We just need our expired Korea Tourist Visa, apply it online, print and voila! Ready to fly.

FIRST OPTION

If you are like me, has an existing or expired visa from the following countries, then you are qualified for free visa: 

"Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, or the United States"

Note these are applicable for Southeast Asian Countries (applicable to citizens of the Philippines, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos). You can check this link for more details.

If you are qualified, you may now apply it online. Just follow the instructions then print it.

SECOND OPTION

If you don't have any existing visas from above countries, you could apply for regular tourist visa or e-visa. You might need to pay for the visa processing and complete all the requirements but for the love of travel, you do what you have to do. :)

But if you really don't want to spend money then just wait for the announcement of the visa-free entry to Taiwan for the Filipinos. It was announced before that it would be June but unfortunately it was postponed. 

Patience is the virtue, guys! 


No comments: