Camille the Explorer

Camille the Explorer

Pages

We got stranded in San Remigio, Cebu


This will be my comeback post. Last August 2015, I was fortunate to stay in Cebu for almost two weeks. And I must say, it was awesome and memorable! I was able to explore the Queen City of South thoroughly and eat a lot of good food there. :)


Actually, this is my third time in Cebu and I'm loving the city more and more. If you are my friend, you know why already. But regardless, it made me appreciate and makes me want to go back again and again and again. (Hint: Little did I know, Cebu is my 2nd home).

Anyway, since I was already in Cebu, I was able to visit one of the best islands/beaches in the city!

J and I decided to leave the city around 3 in the morning. However, due to exhaustion, our sleep extended and woke up late. Hehe. It was also raining that day when we left the city and we were already warned that barge or ferries going to Bantayan Island might be postponed. So it was.


We left the city at 6am and arrived in Hagnaya Port after 4 hours of travel. We were welcomed by an announcement that all trips are cancelled due to habagat. We still waited and gave our luck but no avail. Then we just decided to stay near the port just in case the weather has calmed down the next day.

While waiting in the port. Pati si ate sa likod nabuburyo na hehehe.
After checking in the nearest inn, we explored San Remigio and ate dinner. We went to San Remigio Beach Beach Club Resort just to check the place as the tricycle driver we hired suggested. We did not check out the rates. Sorry. :p
Kids playing at the shore. Look at those waves.






We also visited the San Juan Nepomuceno Church near the resort and port.

Front church

Wow ang tangkad ko tingnan hehe. At the back of the church



Then after having a short stroll, we had our dinner at Alberto's place. We had two pizzas because we were hungry like that. :p

We hired the tricycle for 50 pesos and our dinner was 200. The inn we stayed was only 500.

After dinner, we went back to the inn and slept. Rested enough for the adventure the next day. :)



No comments: